Eventide lives by the quality and ingenuity of its products, which are designed, tested and supported by teams of talented engineers. We typically look for educated and experienced people (Software Developers, Software QA Engineers, and Support Engineers) who are capable of self-directed and creative work with a minimum of supervision and a maximum of responsibility. The teams are small and the projects are challenging. If you like to put a lot of yourself in your designs, you’ll like working here.
Technical Support Engineer
This is a full-time position working out of our Little Ferry, NJ facility.At Eventide Inc., we provide high-reliability IP-based audio and video recording solutions to high-demand customers and agencies (including 9-1-1 Centers, State Police, the US Military, and Air Traffic Control Centers). We are seeking support engineers who thrive and achieve in high-demand situations, and who seek to continually expand their knowledge.
The core responsibilities of the position are customer-facing technical services and support. A significant portion of each day will be spent communicating with customers via phone, e-mail, chat or in-person.
- Facilitate and/or drive issue resolution through hands on technical interactions and leadership
- Interact directly with customers and Eventide dealers responding to technical information requests & problem reports related to the Eventide hardware & software products
- Trouble shooting and resolving problems directly or working with engineering and production to resolve hardware problems
- Provide assistance to customers in the proper provisioning, configuration & installation of Eventide hardware & software
- Provide an On-Call and After-Hour support assistance to Eventide dealers / customers.
- Record & document customer communications via the issue tracking systems and product defect tracking systems
- Develop training, documentation (technical notes) and build evaluation systems
- Develop and deliver training both in house and on site to existing and prospective customers
- Ownership of personal career development through self-directed exploration of available reference materials, and through seeking coaching and mentoring from management and other senior members of the organization
- Perform RMA job function on defective products returned to factory
Qualifications and Knowledge
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications and/or 3 years equivalent level of relevant technical experience.
- Strong grasp of computer architecture and server hardware
- Proficient in TCP/IP network design, switching, configuration and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of Linux (Debian or similar) and Windows operating systems at the system administrator level.
- VoIP protocols, including but not limited to H.323, SIP, SCCP (SKINNY), etc.
- Configuration or administrative exposure to at least one commercially available VoIP phone system (e.g. Cisco Call Manager, ShoreTel, etc.)
- Exposure and working knowledge of some but not all traditional telecommunications technologies, such as analog telephones and trunks, T1 & E1, ISDN-PRI.
- Knowledge of trunked radio systems and RoIP is a plus, but not required.
- Available to travel up from 5-25% depending on demand
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Self-motivated & able to work in a professional environment with limited direct supervision
- Customer orientation with an ability and willingness to work directly with customers on resolution of complex technical issues
- Have an analytical mind which can apply trouble shooting skills systemically and methodically to identify root cause and resolve problems
- Passionate about technology, eager and quick to learn
- Proactive by nature with a positive attitude, works well in a team setting.
Please use the form below to send us your resume.
Eventide Inc. endeavors to make www.eventideaudio.com and www.eventidecommunications.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Brian Haberman/EEO Coordinator at (201) 641-1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. Eventide Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here. To enable us to meet government reporting requlations and maintain an Affirmative Action Plan, Eventide Inc requests that you complete this personal data form as well as this Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability. Information will be used solely for government reporting perposes and will be detached and kept separate from your file. Any information that you choose to provide will not be considered by Eventide Inc. for employment purposes and will be treated as personal and confidential. Your voluntary cooperation is appreciated.